Friday, November 30, 2007

more tidbits


woohoo...im in class right now, getting my demo reel finalizzed and ready to post on my youtube account. later on today Sam Raimey is upposed to be stopping in. Everyone was joking about asking him "why the hell did you make Spiderman 3?" I guess its a legitiamte question. Though i didnt mind the movie so much. The first one was obviously still the best. I think no matter what you do, if you try to change a character so much as Peter Parker did in the third, you are going to be stuck with a confused audience. It was a bit corny, which was the worst part. I think that they could have made the character seem more confident, without making him dance and prance around. It was cute, but it was so far removed from the rest of the films. It didnt fit in at all. On the other hand, I thought that the characters were very cool. I loved the black goo from Venom.It was very well animated and had a very organic feel to it. I think that with this movie genre, you kind of cant help but have these "cheezy" events take place. I know that Van Helsing couldnt escape from them at all...the Dracula character was incredibly silly....not too mention all of the horrible accents. The Xmen get stuck in the cheese factor when Wolverine comments...."you're a dick." when asked to prove that he is not Mystique. The chracter Chas from Constantine, unfortunately was on screen solely as comic relief.....well if you had told me there was going to be a 200 pound mirror.... or something along those lines. i dunno his character was not needed at all...except for the fact that keanu reeves is soooooooo boring.
ok thats my rant about pointless silliness in comic book/super hero movies.

No comments: