Friday, August 14, 2009

Random. Ethics in blogging?

Basically Im in love with Pandora, that is until it cuts me off at 40 hours a month. Im suffering from having to let someone else be in charge of the web department soundtrack. I require at least an hours worth of phil collins and rush a day. Things go downhill if I dont get my Genesis fix.

Found a pretty nifty blog today about ethics.

Worthwhile checking out. Definitely an interesting point.

Its funny to think about ethics when it comes to documenting anything, especially in a society that is so hell bent on having an opinion about everything, and especially as an artist, who relies heavily on criticism to fuel my creativity. It would be great to be able to trust that whoever is blogging has some code of ethics with their criticisms or judgement, but its more than likely that they dont.

In other news, I got the go ahead with the spice monkey website layout. He loved the design and the entire site is ready to go,we are just waiting for new picture of the spices with the logo. Im pretty proud of it, it was really nice to have someone be so excited about my work. I dont get to be too creative here sometimes. There is just so much client work and other random stuff that needs to get done, I tend to delegate most of the creative stuff Id love to be doing, to someone else. This was the case with one of our more recent websites, for Radio Gallery Kent,
www.AntiqueRadioCollectors.com
The idea came out of my head, "Lets make it look like a radio!" Then I got called to work on another local deal and had to hand the design over to Sam. Who is an amazing artist and way better graphic artist than I am, but I am so happy with how it turned out. We really do have a great team here. Check out their sites,
www.SamuelMiller3d.com
www.IamVietnamese.me
As for me, I really need to get my site up and running again, I have a lot of new work for it, but its just been on the back burner for some time now. It is nice to have the opportunity to keep my portfolio growing.

Alrighty, enough rambling.

Thought for the day: Should there be an ethical code for blogging, similar to that of journalists?

The coast this weekend! We were going to go salmon fishing, but we're saving that for the next trip. Im excited! Ill post pictures later.

No comments: